"follow your bliss." 6"x6" acrylic on paper
(text added in picnik)
I'm going to be honest, this week has been a mixed bag of emotions for me... I am in the thick of an online course that is opening my eyes to a whole new, revolutionary way of thinking about business. But, as exciting as that is, I also find myself spending many hours at Corky's bedside as she recovers from a stroke that waylaid the wonderful rehabilitation she had gone through previously. (She was supposed to be going home this week.)
I normally consider myself an optimistic, happy-go-lucky person, but I have to admit this latest emergent event threw me for a loop. What I have come to realize though, is that optimism is what has been getting me through this string of medical mishaps that started over the summer... It is a beacon of light as I cling to a raft of simple joys in a sea of troubled waters. I think that is why Liv Lane's latest feature and blog hop, "The Little Bliss List", really resonates with me, and why I feel like it is the perfect way to round out my week of focusing on kindness.
So, here it is... Things that are making me happy...
This week's "Little Bliss List":
1. The fantastic community over at Paint Party Friday... When EVA and I created it, we never dreamed that the response would be so great... Seeing the ever-increasing group of talented and diverse painters each week makes my heart sing!
2. Creating a "Take What You Need" pdf and sharing it in my last post... Thinking of all the kindness spreading far and wide makes me smile from ear-to-ear! (If you would like to download the pdf, you can get it here.)
3. The sound of squealing laughter as Tyler, Bob, and I ran from room to room "Scooby-Doo style".
4. A spur of the moment dinner with my boys that tasted like summer.
5. Finding a sweet spot on the street near the hospital so that I didn't have to use the ramp for one day. (This may seem kinda silly - but it made my day!)