Monday, December 10, 2012

What I've Learned...


Today's post is inspired by a few questions for #reverb12:

#3: What do you really wish for?
#4: How will you celebrate YOU?
#6: What did you learn?

(I'm going to answer them in reverse order.)

2012 taught me not to take a single moment for granted.  A series of very serious family health emergencies that started in 2011 (and lasted up until last month), made it abundantly clear that life is very precious.  I have tried to become more actively aware of how I am spending my time, prioritizing, and focusing my energy on the things that are most important to me.

I think that paying attention, and really, truly living (rather than just existing), is the best way I can possibly celebrate myself.  I'm slowing down, taking notice, and enjoying the little things so much more now.

I have set many goals of things I hope to accomplish in the coming year, but the things that I really wish for are the health, happiness, and strength that are required to follow though on those intentions and aspirations.


7 comments:

  1. Awesome! Well said! I agree . . . life is very precious and don't waste a day loving and living.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)

    I wish those for you too Kristin - it has really been a tough year for you. Very excited to hear more about your plans for 2013!

    ox
    EVA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post Kristin!!! I got chills reading it! Sorry to hear it has been such a tough year but glad that things have calmed down and you are looking toward a positive new year!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well said. Sorry to hear that the last 12 have been so rough. Wishing you many future blessings and a reprieve from ill health. Amazing, though, how we learn so much from the trials and tribulations. And your willingness to share teaches others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ❤ You are beautiful and wise, and I am blessed to have been gifted a permanent connection ❤

    I love you❣

    ReplyDelete
  6. such beautiful post, take care, my wish for you is a healthy one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every word is so true and important - just remember to look after yourself too,
    I'm sorry to hear that you too have been going through so many troubles this year.
    I'll be thinking of you and your family in my Christmas thoughts of people I know - in 'real' life and in cyberspace. Your posts have helped to ke me going this year. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love and appreciate all of your comments! I turned off the word verification so please don't leave me spam. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...