Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Playing with Papers: A Wine Bottle Vase


(or decorative light!)

Last Friday, I shared "Seeing Spots" collage papers for CareFREE Fridays!  (If you haven't already downloaded them, you can get them here.)  For this week's Playing with Papers! I created a decoupaged wine bottle.  It would make a great vase or decorative light!


I started by removing the label from a clear glass wine bottle.


I printed out last Friday's FREE polka dot collage papers on tracing paper and cut them up in random sizes.


I started attaching the pieces to the bottle using a foam brush and Mod Podge...


Until it was completely covered.

You can leave it like this and use it as a vase, or...



You can fill it with twinkle lights!


*This step-by-step process is intended for personal use only.*
Please do not sell this image or teach/post this tutorial as your own. 

It is totally okay to use the FREE collage papers to make your own unique images to sell. (I actually think that's pretty cool, and I'd love to see them!)

But, please do not sell re-creations of the image I've made.  (That's not cool.)


Please be sure to check back for more FREE collage papers (and ideas to go with them)!


10 comments:

  1. Oooo. Never thought of printing on tracing paper. What a brilliant idea! Thanks for sharing. Looks very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful. I love it as a light and this is something I could do with my nephews! Thanks for sharing this great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love the lights inside. You could use jam jars and place tea lights inside for outside in the garden. x Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!--and I love the polka dot papers too!!
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky me...I recently bought tracing paper. Now as soon as I can empty this bottle of wine I'll be able to make my own lovely vase.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that so pretty and oh so clever! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, well. What a FAB idea, Kristen. I love that idea. I'm tempted to do this to some regular/clear vases just to spice things up a little. :)

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a great idea, looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this project Kristin. Mod podge is the best don't you think? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat idea!!!
    I used some or your papers in a challenge, thank you for posting them!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love and appreciate all of your comments! I turned off the word verification so please don't leave me spam. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...