Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sharing Secrets!


If you are a regular reader of my blog, then you probably already know that I am a big fan of sharing my "secrets"!  If you are new here: Hi and welcome... I'm so glad you've stopped by for a visit!  

Since I love to share, I was very excited to see Connie Hozvicka's request for her readers to share some art journaling secrets!  (You may remember me mentioning the very inspiring Connie here and here.)  I am so jazzed about this post because this is definitely the summer of sharing for me:

Every Tuesday I am sharing my (secret) ideas for using the FREE collage papers I am offering on my blog every Friday during the summer!  (You can read more about the FREE collage papers and tutorials here.)

I have also shared some of my favorite (secret) supplies including:
black gesso
floetrol paint conditioner (instead of expensive "acrylic glazing liquid")
prismacolor colorless blender pencils
tissue paper
and
housepaint

(If you would like more details about some of my favorite supplies and some of the techniques I use, you can read about it here and here!)

The reason I love to share is because I think we all have so much to learn from one another.  I'm not afraid of sharing my "secrets" because I believe that every artist puts their own unique stamp on their art work.  I believe in paying it forward... If I can help other artists I am happy to do it, and I am thankful for the artists who have shared their "secrets" and helped me in the past.

If you're interested in sharing some of your "secrets", head on over to Dirty Footprints Studio!


10 comments:

  1. This is what I really love about you Kristin...your generous and sharing nature. Have a great day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm racking my brain for something to share and am coming up empty so I'll leave that up to you. I must thank you again for sharing the secret of black gesso. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this sounds like fun! I will check out "secrets" your so sweet, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing about the floetrol paint conditioner. I've never heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to think about a secret. I am new to the 'stamping' game so all info very gratefully received. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with you on sharing. :) Thanks for sharing your secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEP, I do think we learn from each other which is why when my kids tattle 'he's copying me!' I tell them it is the highest form of flattery...but they don't get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing so much with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharing is good and Connie is a very good artisit and talented woman. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. secrets? sssssssshhhh!


    kj

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love and appreciate all of your comments! I turned off the word verification so please don't leave me spam. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...