Thursday, January 4, 2018

2018: 4/365

"Thinking of Ewe"

It's nice to know that you're not alone...

I am still in the rosy honeymoon phase of my 2018 Creative Every Day challenge.  But... I can already feel some of the old anxiety about sharing unfinished, warm-ups, exercises, and sometimes just plain crappy artwork.

I really want to stick with it (giving up is not an option!), not just because it will push me out of my comfort zone, but because I think it might help other hesitant artists decide to put themselves out there more...  I love the community of artists I've found online, and I really think we have so much to learn from one another.

There are so many artists that I find inspiring for so many reasons, and I'm looking forward to sharing some of them with you.  One artist who I am currently drawing motivation from is Erika Lee Sears.  Erika is beginning her fourth year of making art every day, and she has a lot of useful advice for anyone embarking on a similar journey.
Her rules for the Art Every Day project are:

1. Make art every day, no matter how big or small. Any medium counts. Even if I draw a stick person or just snap a blurry photo, the point is just to make art.
2.  I am not allowed to give up. This is very important.
3.  I am not allowed to throw away any artwork or rip out any pages in my sketch book. I am allowed to start over. I am not allowed to start painting over canvases or ripping out pages in my sketchbook.


That sounds good to me!

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute piece, love it! Great advice from Eriika.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it, Kristin. Overcoming those insecurities and pressing through will bring you a whole new, beautiful creative world to your table So glad to reconnect here! I've missed you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to post art that I mess up so it might be seen by artist starting out to show that we all mess up, its part of being an artist :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love and appreciate all of your comments! I turned off the word verification so please don't leave me spam. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...