Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sharing Some Blog Love


This post is dedicated to ewe, and ewe... and ewe!

When I started this blog I wondered if anyone would read it, if anyone would be interested in what I had to say, or interested in my art... I have since discovered that by putting myself out there I have entered into a wonderfully welcoming community. 

I am amazed at all of the support and encouragement I have received since starting my online journey. I feel truly blessed and am so grateful for all of the new friends I have made. I love reading all of your fabulous comments and with each new 'follower' I feel as if the size of my heart has increased.

In addition to all of the love that you guys show me here, I have also discovered so many creative and inspiring blogs... It seems like everyday I find a new treasure! I love to read about the experiences of other creative people (like you, and you, and you).

So, to all of you I say:
Thank you for your support
Thank you for your encouragement
Thank you for your kindness
and
Thank you for your endless sources of inspiration!


You may remember me mentioning that I received an award - here it is. Thank you again to Carol the Gardener
In the interest of sharing the blog love and "paying it forward", I would like to highlight some blogs you may or may not have heard of.  I think you'll find them as fun, interesting, and inspirational as I do...

Day 16 of 365 Still Life w/ Tomatoes and Plate 14x11 oil on canvas by Kate Boone

Kate Boone has taken on the monumental task of creating a painting every day for 365 days. For those of you that paint, you know what a challenge that will be (I know that for me, there are some days when it just isn't happening)! I find Kate's blog fascinating because not only is she sharing her beautiful art with us, she is sharing her feelings about her creations and the creating itself. I think Kate is very brave for being so open and honest with her readers... Her daily paintings and musings are definitely something to look forward to each day.




 

I have a confession to make... I live vicariously through Kat of "The Kat Eye View of the World". Kat travels the world, camera in hand, and posts (at least) one of her beautiful photos every day. While sitting at my computer in my little corner of the world, I am able to travel the globe through the lens of Kat's camera. She pairs her amazing photographs with wonderful writing (and sometimes she includes photo tips).  In addition to her blog, you can visit her flickr page to get a glimpse of her world.


  Today's Splotchmonster: 360 by Steve Loya

...keeps creative boredom away! Every day at Steve Loya's blog, two new splotchmonsters are posted. One of the monsters has already "come to life" at the creative hand of Steve, and the other is left blank so anyone who chooses can download the image and play along. You all know how much I love silly, so I can't help but be drawn to a blog that places it front and center!
This blog was created by Sophia at Blue Chair Diary (of Sunday Sketches fame) as a place where Sketchbook Project participants can 'meet' and share their pages and their thoughts.  As an artist, I know how lonely the creative process can become cooped up in a studio with only your own opinions...  Which is why I think this blog is brilliant!





I believe that really good things are worth repeating, which is why I can't help but share some more inspiration from Patience Salgado's blog!  (When you watch the video you'll see what I mean) You may remember me talking about her "guerrilla goodness" in this post last month.  In case you missed it or you haven't visited her site yet, be sure to head over there - you're sure to be inspired.  It's never too late to share some kindness!


And, one final piece of blog love:
Make sure you stop by Kelly Berkey's blog  - she posted the finished pieces for "Stretching to Sketch"  (they're fantastic!) and the new challenge photo... Come join the fun! 

8 comments:

  1. Awwww...thank you! I am touched and blessed that you would mention me and both blogs. Thank you so much. hee hee I'm so glad that so many love both the Sunday Sketches and the Doodlesheads project. :D

    BIG HUGS!

    PS Can I use the photo you created above for the doodleheads?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the mention Kristin! And for the links to so many other blogs that inspire you. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your Ewe...and thanks for the tips about the other interesting blogs...will go check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for these links--it's bloggers like you that bring us all together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Kristin! It's an honor. :)

    Keep up the fabulous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post Kristin. I'm off to visit these blogs you've mentioned! Love Sophia of course at Blue chair Diary!! she's great!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a list to be included in and look at all the lovely new finds! thank you Kristin! YOU are a treasure my friend...

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love and appreciate all of your comments! I turned off the word verification so please don't leave me spam. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...