If you're a regular reader of my blog, you know how much I love making cake pops! If you're new here - Welcome!
As much as I love cake pops, they can be time consuming... Since life can be busy, especially around holidays, I love creating quick and easy treats (without sacrificing cuteness, of course)! My Easter time solution?
Chocolate Covered Peep Pops!
Peeps Marshmallow Bunnies
Milk Chocolate Candy Wafers
6" Lollipop Sticks
Optional (but highly recommended) Supplies:
Clear Plastic Treat Bags
Brightly Colored Ribbon
- Start by separating the peeps - set them aside.
- Melt the candy wafers in a microwave safe bowl according to the package directions.
- One at a time, hold the peep by the ears and dip the bunny body into the melted chocolate, shaking off any excess.
- Take a lollipop stick and insert it into the bottom of the bunny body.
- Give the stick a few light taps against the side of the bowl to remove any remaining excess chocolate.
- Once dipped, place the bunnies in the styrofoam block to dry.
- After the bunny bodies are dry, it's time to dip the ears.
- One at a time, hold the bunnies by their stick and carefully dip the ears in the melted chocolate. (Take care to shake & tap off any excess chocolate before returning them to the styrofoam block.)
- After the chocolate is completely dry, you can individually wrap each Peep Pop in a clear plastic treat bag, secure with a twist tie and add a ribbon...
Baskets of bunnies make an adorable centerpiece or a wonderful hostess gift!
I am sharing this fun and easy tutorial with: