Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tutorial Try-Out: Teesha Moore's Fun Drawing Lesson


This week's tutorial try-out was:

If you have ever stopped by Teesha Moore's blog, then you know that she is wildly creative and a powerhouse of inspiration!  
When I stumbled upon her fun drawing worksheet, I knew I'd have to give it a try...

A page from my sketchbook.

One of the questions I am most often asked is, "What in the world were you thinking?" "Where do you get your ideas?".  So, I thought it might be fun to give you a step-by-step look into what was going through my head as I played with Teesha's drawing worksheet in my sketchbook... 

1. Actually, not a whole lot was going through my head at this point... I just thought she looked like she needed a bird's nest on her head.
2. The bird's nest made me think of cats (hungry for birds, of course), and I thought that this drawing style would probably be 
pretty cool for a cat face.
3. I started thinking about other things cats eat, but at the same time I was thinking about my crazy haired ladies and how this technique might translate into one of them.
4. I realized that although there were some fish in the last drawing, I still hadn't satisfied my need for drawing fish.  While I was drawing them, I started thinking about the fish in 
Monty Python's "The Meaning of Life".

Well, basically that's a quick glimpse into my typical train of thought.  One thing leads to another... 
Sometimes it makes sense, sometimes it doesn't...
Aren't you completely horrified and disappointed glad 
that you asked?!?


After I finished this page in my sketchbook I thought, "These would be fun coloring pages".  So, this morning I printed out some copies and started playing!

Did you try this tutorial?
If so, please link up below.
(I can't wait to see!)

And, please be sure to read all the way to the bottom of this post for next week's tutorial!

Next week is the last Tutorial Try-Out (for now).  
In honor of that, I chose a tutorial that is similar to (but different from) what appears to have been the most popular tutorial (Easy Watercolor Portraits from 4-23-2013).

Next week's tutorial is:
The Ambitious Procrastinator's DIY Paint By Numbers

**a note about next week's tutorial:**
In her tutorial, Nikki uses the photo editing program picnik.
Picnik is no longer available, but you can substitute the free online program picmonkey instead.  
(Just be sure to use the "focal soften" tool.)
Picmonkey is available for free here.

Kristin Dudish

6 comments:

  1. LOVE your coloring on your fishy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! You are so talented -- I just love seeing what comes out of your head!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure Paul Simon could have written a great song to your 'Girl with fish in her hair', like 'Diamonds on the soles of her shoes'. Perhaps a bit too long ago for your generation to know but a song I love.
    My mind just would not come up with anything for Teesha's tutorial, so I passed, but I look forward to next week's. I 'll go and look at it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this very inspiring exercise! I just posted mine, a little late. http://redballoontothemoon.weebly.com/1/post/2013/05/deep-doodles.html
    It really took me to some deep places that I wasn't expecting. I love it when I can find a way to have fun while going into those deeper, darker places inside.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love and appreciate all of your comments! I turned off the word verification so please don't leave me spam. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...