Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday Sketches... More Angels!


An Angel Fish with an Angel Food Cake!
(I'm finding it difficult to let go of the "Angel" theme. ha!)

Please be sure to stop by Sophia's blog to see the heavenly offerings of my sketching buddies.

And don't forget...


The bidding for Inspiration Avenue's Charity Art Auction to benefit Angel Faces starts today!

Since I'm on the topic of angels, I would like to take this opportunity to thank a couple:


First, Rhonda gave me a "Stylish Blogger Award".  I think I first 'met' Rhonda during the One World One Heart Blog event, but now we party together every Friday for PPF.  Rhonda was the one who inspired me to create my "Helping Hands for Japan".  Rhonda always has lots of fun projects going on at her blog, Roban Studio!  
Thank you Rhonda!
(I already received a "Stylish Blogger Award" here, but I am very thankful to you for thinking of me!)


And last, but certainly not least, I would like to offer a great big "Thank You" to Lisa Stubbs of 'Lil Sonny Sky for sending me the beautiful mermaid print pictured above!

Lisa is an extremely talented artist that creates amazing fabric art and original hand squeegeed screen prints (like the one I received)!  Be sure to check out her etsy shop - it is filled with treasures that will make you smile from ear to ear (I know I am)!

How did I find myself in possession of this wonderful gift?

I am a regular reader of Lisa's blog and was delighted when I saw the fantastic mural she was painting at her children's school!  (You can see the mural and it's progression by clicking here.)  By her week 10 "loo update" post, she was nearly finished and looking for caption ideas for her sea inspired mural.  Well, you know how I love to play with words (and I can't resist putting my 2 cents in either! hee hee)...  The bonus:  The person who came up with the caption that she decided to use would win one of her mermaid prints!  I'll give you one guess who won!

Me.  Lucky, lucky me!  Wheeee!

I love, love, love it - Thank you Lisa!


27 comments:

  1. Cute sketch and a very fuuny one too. I want to thank you for leading me to Lisa's blog. I was just there and am glad I made the trip. You are lucky indeed as the mermaid print is as sweet as can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Kristin, I got a big grin from your Angel Fish holding an Angel Food Cake, very fun sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh your angels are totally angelic :)
    Loved how the cat turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha... love your take on angels in this sketch, cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very funny sketch....angel food! Angel fish! Wonderful. And congrats on the blogger award...and of course for winning the caption contest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the angel theme you have going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay - this morning I said to myself... go to the market and find a great piece of salmon to grill...now I have to buy angelfood cake too!
    great stuff as usual!
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the angel fish...Love your sense of humour too!
    The print is wonderful, lucky you!
    Happy May Kristin!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sketch! So cute. And the composition and linework is done really well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha you are hilarious. Angel fish with angel food cake...I love it so so much! I love your angel kitty too...the colors you used are purrrfect. Checking out Lil Sonny Sky Blog now!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a delightful angel fish! Now, don't talk to me about cake... I'm just writing a post on the very subject and have a belly full of the stuff! Bad girl (me, that is!!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah, your angel fish is so cute. Angel is a wonderful theme to explore.

    Thank you for the Picasso link, I had never seen that I do see why you thought of it from my piece. I did an initial ink of just the lady and the bear and it is so reminiscent of this Picasso!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow so much on this post! Your angle fish is fabulously fun! Tickled us! Thx.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This cake bearing fish of yours, I LOVE him!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant work and love your Angel Fish, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooh, I love this!!!! and I so love angel food cake....ohh! Another great one, Kristin.
    Sorry I missed PPF - my dad is in town and it's been very busy around here! hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love yopur angel fish and that's a great print you recieved!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh! Lucky you!! I love the angel fish sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha I SO love the different ideas that you come up with. Love the angel fish/cake. :D Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are sooo lucky! What a cute print! I love your fish! I just love seeing your sketches, You are soo talented!

    ReplyDelete
  21. congratulations on winning the print.
    cute angel fish with the angel food cake. I can see how it would be hard to let go of the angel theme. Sweet angel cat too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute the sketch! Congratulations on those well deserved prizes. So much fun, Right?
    I am celebrationg my first blog anniversary and I am giving away 12 prinst. Come over to my blog so you could be a winner, too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have a wonderful sense of joy and humor...I always seem to smile when I visit your blog post. Imagine and Live in peace, Mary helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  24. lovely drawings..and even i posted an angel this sunday :P :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. oops, sorry Kristin. I didn't see the Stylish Blogger Award button on your blog...didn't know you had been awarded it once before. See, you totally deserved it! You have a great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love and appreciate all of your comments! I turned off the word verification so please don't leave me spam. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...