I have always been enamored with the idea of gratitude journals. In the hustle and bustle of daily life, it is easy to lose sight of all the reasons to be thankful. This post is my online version of a gratitude journal entry - it is dedicated to some of the things that are making me smile today...
I would like to start by thanking MaddyRose for giving me this award. Every day is Christmas over at her blog (she creates the most amazing Santa figurines) - Who wouldn't love a daily dose of that magic?!?
She also shares my sense of humor... On my lovebug post she left the following joke:
How do lovebugs get from here to there?
They fly United!
Ha! I definitely appreciate someone who can make me laugh! Thank you MaddyRose!
Normally (as part of my award acceptance), this would be where I write "7 Things About Myself", but in the spirit of gratitude I would like to offer "7 Things I Am Grateful For" (in no particular order):
1. I am grateful for this amazing package I received in the mail from my dear friend, Jenny Blair! I was so blown away by her thoughtfulness I actually cried. Her artwork is amazing and her heart is big... very, very big... truly. Please be sure to stop by her wonderful blog and etsy shop and show her some love.
2. I am grateful for the love and support of my family and friends.
3. I am grateful for my home (even with it's seemingly endless and ever-growing list of DIY projects)!
4. I am grateful for the ability to do what I love.
5. I am grateful for the big bright sun that is finally shining.
6. I am grateful for the creative people at Ben & Jerry's who continue to amaze me with their incredible flavors... "Cinnamon Buns", "Late Night Snack", "Clusterfluff", and of course the classic "Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough". (Seriously, I think coming up with new and unique flavors would be an unbelievable job!)
7. I am grateful to all of you... my beautiful blogging friends who take the time to leave me such thoughtful comments, make me laugh, and never cease to inspire me!
Which brings me to the second part of the award...
I would like to give this award to all of you!
You can take this award and post it on your blog (please be sure to leave a link in the comments if you do so I can learn more about you too).
You can just tell me something I might not know about you (or maybe something you're grateful for) in the comments!