Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Drawing with my Sister

Photo of Stevie  (by Stevie)

In my family, I am the oldest (by quite a bit) of five.  Today I'd like to introduce you to my sister Stevie.  (I will save tales of my other fun and quirky siblings for future posts.)

In addition to being an artist, Stevie is also my connection to all things cool (and she is definitely as much fun as she looks in the picture above)!  Once a week, the art school that Stevie attends holds life drawing sessions.  Last night I went with Stevie for some much needed figure drawing practice...


Going into the life drawing session, I had these grand illusions (more like delusions) of creating wonderful finished pieces to post on my blog today.  The reality of the situation is that I discovered I am very rusty and my figure drawing muscles are in need of some serious exercise!

After returning home and looking over my drawings I added a quote to this sketchbook page:

"Never neglect an opportunity for improvement."
-Sir William Jones 

I feel so blessed to have had this opportunity to work on my skills with my sister (and friend) - I am certainly not going to neglect it... Stay tuned for more figure studies!

7 comments:

  1. Isn't that the greatest photo? -- it's SO Stevie!

    I can't begin to imagine what wonderful things I must have done in a previous life to have been given a permanent connection to the two of you! You are joy and verve and light, captured in human form, and I am ever amazed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool, Kristin. I would give anything to have a sister to hang out with and be close to. So happy for you. :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin, i LOVE this photo of dancing sister joy! what a coooool kitchen too! your drawing class sounds so fun, i know you'll enjoy.

    Love + Dancing Light,
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the photo and love the drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristen, really cool photo, full of movement and drama! Enjoyed visiting your blog - thanks for stopping by mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that quote - and it is absolutely true! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sister looks like a fun person to hang with. I love your drawing, defined muscles are a really hard thing to draw. I myself have yet to try to draw a male figure, it is scary to me.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love and appreciate all of your comments! I turned off the word verification so please don't leave me spam. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...