Sunday, October 31, 2010

My King of Hearts


Happy Halloween!

The T-man is Ready with a capital R!  He had a trial run with his costume at preschool on Friday, but he is very anxious for some serious trick or treating tonight!


Here is what the front and the back of the costume look like - you may remember the idea from last week's sketch.  Since I am totally intimidated by the thought of sewing (I am always so in awe of all the fabulous fiber artists I see), I had to rely on a pillow case, iron-on adhesive, and good 'ol paint!

I'm sorry to report that I have no sketch to share this week.  Between Halloween and 30 in 30 for 30 preparations, my sketchbook is feeling a little bit neglected... But never fear, my friends always have lots of fun sketches to share over at Sophia's Blue Chair Diary! (I'll definitely have lots of sketches to share next Sunday because the painting starts tomorrow - eek!)

I'm off to Sophia's, then to carve a pumpkin...
Have a safe and fun Halloween!


P.S. This has been a week filled with computer learning (not my forte)... I finally figured out how to set up a facebook page for my art.  If you're on facebook, be sure to stop by!

12 comments:

  1. wow. that looks fabulous...great job! hope he has a blast tonight...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. what a cute king! Love the way his costume came out...great job! Can't wait for 30 in 30 - so inspiring. Have a fun day!!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fantastic...what great ideas you have..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that mature king of hearts and that adorable king of hearts are both totally absolutely winningly wonderful!!

    you painted this so precisely, kristin.

    ps i'm doing 30, 30, 3 cents: poetry!

    love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so cute! Thank you for the shout out, regardless. Sweet of you! :) Have fun tricker treating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. he's adorable and so is the costume!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an amazing use of a pillowcase -- it 'lays' beautifully! As Drew would say in his perfectly accented way: Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The costume turned out fabulous and he is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too adorable. I love when kids will dress in something fun. My youngest asked to be a Ninja for the 4th time! I said the Ninja costumes were all sold out and all that was left was Jack Sparrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, that costume is amazing, the painting on it is so precise and he looks great! Hope he had a good time trick and treating! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing costume. It turned out great. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. did you really paint that? i am SO impressed!! that's a really great costume idea. :)

    thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love and appreciate all of your comments! I turned off the word verification so please don't leave me spam. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...