Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Traditions and a Thank You!


As I've said before, I think it's very important to step outside the studio to "recharge the creative battery", so to speak.  This week it meant a visit to one of our favorite Fall haunts: The Pumpkin Farm.  From the time T-man was 3 months old, sitting on the haystacks and taking a family photo has become a Halloween tradition.

2006 (3 months old)


2007 (1 year old)


2008 (2 years old)


2009 (3 years old)


2010 (4 years old)

 
I can't believe how big my little man is getting!



Another Autumn tradition is sending a Halloween care package to my brother Ronnie who is away at college.  Every year I paint a Halloween-inspired box then my mom and I fill it with all sorts of goodies.  Ronnie is super-duper smart and works super-duper hard... he definitely deserves some treats from home!

 
I would like to finish this post with a heartfelt 'thank you' to all of my blog friends who have been so supportive of my 30 in 30 for 30 project - your kind words and encouragement are so motivating!  Seeing my blog button on your sidebars is so amazing, I appreciate it more than you can imagine... Thank you!

18 comments:

  1. What a sweet little family you have!

    4 is such a wonderful age! happy halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you posted the history of pics, they were so fun to look through! And Ronnie is so lucky, to get a care package like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, what beautiful boys you have in your life! Gorgeous photos and a great tradition!
    LOVE that little cow suit T-baby has on! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos, so nice to have these every year so you can look back on them x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so sweet. You all look so happy! Isn't it amazing how quickly they grow up? Love the idea of taking the picture in the same spot. Thanks for sharing them. Also, LOVE the idea of the pumpkin box, too! I am so looking forward to 30 in 30 - xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy reading your blog. The pictures are great. Looks like a happy family. You and hubby haven't changed a bit, only the little one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this year's Jack-O-Lantern box is your bestest ever! Thank you SOOOOOO-O-O-O much for doing it -- I'm sure Ronnie is the envy of his entire dorm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Halloween family pictures through the years... what a lovely idea! It really has become a tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you guys look so happy. What fun to document the years. Have a great day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your little T man as you all celebrate the sweet Halloween celebrations. Thank you for documenting and sharing your wonderful family. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  11. My kids are young adults now and they've started doing the traditions I started when they were little. Seems like just yesterday -- I love seeing your "photo tradition."

    ReplyDelete
  12. so so cute! I love the idea of seeing the progression in these pics. We have not implemented anything like this so this is definitely getting my butt in gear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. how nice of you to share this tradition. your son is the same age as my daughter. cute as buttons....
    treats to you all.
    *

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is a very nice family tradition that you have. It is always so nice to see family's love~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kristin, it's an honour to put your icon up on my sidebar and am so glad to see here you are with two pieces up now! both very good. Way to go. Great to see your cute fam shots too. How sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love and appreciate all of your comments! I turned off the word verification so please don't leave me spam. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...