This was the sketch I originally did for this week's painting, "Shaken not Stirred". The sketch was okay, but I thought it could use a little tweaking. I thought it might be better if the head was larger and the body was smaller, but I didn't want to re-draw the whole thing... So, I used a photocopier to alter my sketch (it is such a fabulous tool for artists). I made the head 10% larger and the body 10% smaller, then I glued the pieces together in my sketchbook (making the neck smaller too).
Voila! A drawing that I felt comfortable turning into a painting.
The physical difference isn't huge, but I think the impact is!
Don't forget to visit Sophia's blog to see what my friends have been up to this week!