Friday, November 26, 2010

Day 26 (30 in 30 for 30)

"Macrame Memories"  8x10  Mixed Media on Wood

Today's painting was inspired by... yesterday's painting!  I couldn't get the owl image that I "found" in yesterday's painting out of my head, so I decided to do a wood burning using it.

 
While creating today's painting, distant memories of macrame, latch hook kits, and avocado colored appliances came flooding back... Those memories had a definite influence on my color choices!

As I write this post there are currently 57,975 owl listings on etsy.  They are in paintings and prints, jewelry, clothing, journals, pillows, toys and more - I seem to be seeing owls everywhere!  The other day I saw the following button on my friend Jenny Blair's fabulous blog:

Owl Lover 2011 Calendar

My Owl Barn is the go-to place for owl lovers and they are sharing the owl love by offering a free customizable and downloadable calendar filled with fantastic owl art created by some seriously talented artists!

I can see why owls are so popular right now... there is something very comforting about their familiar wide-eyed expressions.  I have a feeling today's owl isn't my last...

(Don't forget to stop by the Creative Every Day blog to see more day 26 art!)

5 comments:

  1. love the colors! hoo hoo. adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE OWL! I love your usage of colors and especially on that background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I lOVE your beautiful owls, both the thanksgiving translucent one and this one. The colours here are sooo lovely and no avocado green in sight (slightly disappointed!! :) )
    I'm glad you found out about the free owl calendar..such an amazing offer! Thankyou for the mention :)
    And so....only a few more days to go!...I am just soooooo in awe of your ability to have achieved what you have! I'm also totally intrigued...on Dec 1st will you still have the urge to paint up a storm or will you want to sleep for the next month??!! :)
    BIGGEST of hugs and cheers for the last few days of November OOXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. This owl is adorable,I love violet !

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love and appreciate all of your comments! I turned off the word verification so please don't leave me spam. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...