You may remember that in last Sunday's post I mentioned receiving a "Stylish Blogger Award" from Pavinee, Sandy Coleman, and Jehanne. Well, my good fortune has continued since I first mentioned it and I have also been given the award from Jenny Blair and Nelly. I am so completely thrilled that they thought of me - they are such wonderfully creative bloggers with such beautiful art and words to share... it is such an honor to receive the award from each of them! Please make sure you visit their blogs to see what I'm talking about.
My first official duty as a "Stylish Blogger" is to share 7 things about myself, so here goes...
1. If my mom had gotten her way, I would have been named Sunshine.
2. My family calls me Honey - not just as a nickname, but as an all-the-time, introduce-me-to-friends-that-way name. The reason: When my sister Stevie was a baby and learning to talk, she heard my mom calling me "Honey" and thought that was my name... it stuck.
3. Most of the time I wear two different socks. I have a huge collection of fun and colorful socks and it seems like a shame to have to limit myself to just one design at any given time. Plus, as an added bonus, it solves the problem of what to do when the dryer eats one - I don't ever worry about having to find a match!
4. I am accident prone... very. I have had stitches in my head three times. The first was after I did a flip off the bed right smack into the dresser, the second was a freak miniature golf (yes I said miniature golf) accident, and the third (and, knock-wood, last) was a horrific rollerblading fall.
*Bob wanted me to add that although I am very accident prone, I am actually quite agile 20 feet in the air on a ladder. (I had a lot of practice when I was co-owner of a mural/decorative painting company!)
5. I don't high five. Seriously. I am a very enthusiastic person and love to celebrate in lots of ways - a hug, a dance, a cheer, even a low five... but a high five? Sorry, I love ya but I'll leave you hanging. (Like I said before I'm accident prone and high fives can be very dangerous! Ha!)
6. My favorite ice cream is Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Buns.
7. I start every studio session by listening to "Tinfoil Girl" by Kathleen Smith. It's a little ritual I have. It always puts a smile on my face. After that I may put on my painting playlist, or I may hit shuffle on my super-duper eclectic ipod. I love all sorts of music from good ol' rock & roll to 80's dance music, but I always start with "Tinfoil Girl".
My next task as a "Stylish Blogger" is to pay it forward. I could very easily give the award to all of my fabulous blogging friends - they all provide me with endless inspiration. But, I would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to some blogs I've recently come across that you may not have heard of. In no particular order...
Have you heard of Dueling Banjo Pigs? Very funny. It's a collection of over 500 pigs by different artists. If you're an artist, you can play along too and have your "Banjo Pig" posted on their blog!
Let me just start by saying, How can you not love a blog with a name like Plucky Chicken Heart?!? Mari's writing is so funny - I can always count on her blog when I want to get my laugh on. The illustrations in this post had me laughing out loud! And I shared this post with my entire family over the Holidays. If you're looking for some fun, check it out.
U.Du.Art is a very fun collaborative blog between Jenny and Todd. I love the light-hearted, whimsical nature of the drawings they do. It always brings a smile to my face to see a painting of a donkey in a sweater or a cat in a tank top!
On the psychopooch blog, Jennie Yin creates fantastically fun illustrations and doodles. Her inspiration is inspired... Facebook status updates. Love it.
At the beginning of January I mentioned Charlie Corrigan's blog, Domestic Icing. Well, I thought it was definitely worth mentioning it again - Charlie is currently halfway through her challenge of creating an original every day and she is doing it in style!
Gumnut Inspirations is the new website of Nutty, a blogging friend that I've mentioned in the past. So, technically her blog is not one that I've recently discovered, but she has built an amazing new website that I think deserves a shout out!
Finally, I would like to mention a blogger that many of you already know...
Eva from the to be determined blog and I are up to something... We are dreaming up some fun... We are co-conspirators in some playful plans...
Until we iron out the details that is all I can say, except..
Do you like to play with paint?!?